Thursday, June 17, 2021

Week 5 - UWF - Alex Freeman

In this course sometimes weeks felt like a day and days felt weeks, but it is ultimately ending now. I think the main connection I observed was the one between experienced doctors of marine sciences and their students. At every location we went, we saw the new generation of marine scientists working along side the experienced instructors or members of our class we those students. This connection makes the wildlife biology and oceanography tract unique in how much the previous generations works to integrate the newcomers to scientific research. In the field of marine work, scientists are finding the dire consequences of climate change and human threats to the ocean and they know that it is important to foster a new crop of scientists to carry on the work that could ultimately reverse this. From these five weeks of field studies I have learned that the connection between the scientific world are close and run very deep. When our instructors walked onto a site they were deeply in their element and knew all the staff well, the whole discipline seems so connected. 

I will always cherish the time I had with this course and I'm glad I could finally become a part of the greater interconnected world of marine science.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog and UWF Week - Alyssa Cotten

This course has been amazing and exceeded all of my expectations. I'm fairly new into my marine biology degree and have not had much exp...