Sunday, June 13, 2021

USF Week- Jess

 

As always every week of this trip is unique! We went on the R/V Weatherbird to sample organisms, which was super fun if I ignore the fact that I was seasick and I couldn’t look at anything close. But once we got to the nearshore station I felt better and had a blast gathering creatures from the trawls and identifying them. I even crawled into the dredge to get some of the crabs out of the back. I had a lot of fun wrangling up all of the crabs, identifying them, and measuring them. Although the last part of the Weatherbird cruise was fun, I don’t think I want a career that will require me to be on the open ocean.

I thoroughly enjoyed the day at the aquarium as well, it was a lot of fun taking photos of all of the different animals. My favorite exhibit was the seahorse exhibit, overall it was a fun day!

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog and UWF Week - Alyssa Cotten

This course has been amazing and exceeded all of my expectations. I'm fairly new into my marine biology degree and have not had much exp...